Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gogo's Crazy Bones

Welcome to Random Fandom, where I review out of my mind about the things I find. Today, we discover the adorableness of Gogo’s Crazy Bones.

These guys look like Pocket Monsters if they were more messed up than normal!
Believe it or not, these little fellows are part of a collectible game to trump your opponent on how much rare your collectible is. OK, that’s not true, but they are used for many different games. Discovered as a game in Spain inspired by a game back in Ancient Greece that required sheep knuckles, Peter Gantner used this classic game, renamed it to Crazy Bones, and before you know it, they are flying off the shelves.

Now, this classic game is being revived because, hey, Pokemon might have eclipsed this fad, but that doesn’t mean we try again when the franchise is slowly dying. Kidding, that’s only my opinion, but Crazy Bones have been successful during the late 1990s. So-called rare Crazy Bones required people to buy every packet in the store until you can find one.

So, I was surprised to find out about the history of these Japanesque Pocket Monsters. I just accused that they’re just another failed attempt for kids to buy and then lose for the next day. AND I MEAN LOSE, these things are just as big as a penny! There’s even a warning not to use them in front of younger children on the packet because these things sure look like candy {cuts to emergency room and thousands of bucks spent}.

Now, about the package I found, each packet comes with three Gogos or Crazy Bones or whatever you can call them as well as three individual stickers featuring said Gogos or Crazy Bones. This is a big deal. Back then, we had a stick of hard-as-plastic gum inside out collectible stuff. Controversy like this is probably the reason these things were replaced by even cheaper things. New from every package of Crazy Bones, GLITTER in every packet! Why? We’re flat out BROKE! We can’t even make things in plastic anymore, so you’re getting the stickers instead of the real deal!

Inside the packet was three Crazy Bones. Fortunately, they don’t look like something that was ripped off a sheep. Instead, they look like aliens. Multicolored, unique, at-times-creepy aliens. I looked up on the website www.gogos-crazybones.com {because, hey, the package is telling me to learn more about these money-gainers} to find out who these three are, but don’t take my word from it, let them explain who they are.

Why am I not explaining their origins? Well, my anthropomorphic ray has gone haywire.


I blame the lack of a webcam.

Hello, I’m Danko. I am yellow. My picture speaks lies, all Crazy Bones have different colors! I am fast, agile, and well-behaved. I also like bowling and I’m cute and cuddly!

If you think my rhymes are bad,
you are offically unrad!


I am Pop! I love to sing and dance non-stop! Music is what I do best! I go online because outdoor sports are for pests! My talent is top rhythm! My rhyming skills are from my every whim! Also, I am blue, but I’m sure it’s news to you.


My father, the warrior.
 I am known as Tremi. I may look grumpy, but I’m all kind inside. I love battling people and I have a laughter mask to stall my foes. I am also green; the picture on the left is my father. He was a skilled warrior and fought in the war.

So, these three Crazy Bones have good personalities, but only one must stay. And I’m not talking about the ones on the stickers, they aren’t alive. Tell me which one will stay and I might see who wins by next issue.

Above all, Crazy Bones are fun. They are unique, they can used to up than 6 different games, and they are a reinvention of something the Greeks did. Not like myths or gods, this is what happens in the world of Zeus! The downside is that these pieces are small and can creep you out if you’re younger. These guys look like they want to get you! Bottom Line, these guys rock and I’m looking forward for my true Crazy Bone because I’m never ever going to collect those!

RATING:
* * *

No comments: